Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Chemotherapy Eve

Nervous, excited, sick, anxious, scared, and yet happy. Oh so extremely happy. In 2010, my life has been all about hospitals, operations, blood tests, needles, transfusions, overnight hospital stays, chemotherapy, MRI's and other scans, x-rays, pills, and a whole lot of worrying. I've developed anxiety attacks, and felt depression. Chemotherapy is really dreadful but I have gotten myself through it somehow. Believe it or not I have felt an outpouring of love, support and encouragement from so many. This is how I have been able to get through this; constant reminders that I am not alone, that I am loved, and to keep going strong. It is easy...when you know the kind of people I do.

2 comments:

Rachelle Underwood said...

Sharolyn, I saw your post on Facebook, and just read your blog. I just want to tell you how inspiring I'am by you. You are incredibly strong, this I know. Last year my husband got testicular cancer,and it spread to his lymph system. He had surgery and then went straight into 4 rounds of chemo. He in fact had some similar drugs that you have had, and experienced numbness in his hands and feet, as well as many other side effects. He says that it is mostly gone now, but has to wear good supportive shoes.
It is incredible the wisdom you have been able to share with others, and I feel blessed to have read your blog. Thank you for sharing, and I hope your recovery goes well.

Sharolyn Gabbitas said...

Wow Rachelle, I just jumped over to your blog. Hawaii. Marathons, triathalons... Very cute kids, and you two make a cute couple! You did well. Sorry to hear about your husband. If he had any of the drugs I had, then he was very sick during that time. These are not easy drugs. Some of the hardest. I hope everything is gone and he never has to deal with it again! Positive attitude speeds recovery Rachelle. I'm so glad you commented. Good to hear from you!!